Do I Need a Dealkalizer?
Dealkalizers are a common component in boiler feed systems, where high carbonate and bicarbonate alkalinity produce a great deal of foam in a boiler and combine with steam to produce carbonic acid with attacks equipment and pipes. A dealkalizer system reduces incoming alkalinity in feed water resulting in lower blowdown rates, lower condensate return corrosion and a more effective chemical treatment program for boiler systems, reduces the need for neutralizing chemicals by as much as 90%. Fuel costs are also saved by minimizing blowdown.
- Lower condensate return corrosion.
- Reduce Boiler Blowdown frequency and volume.
- Reduce the need for neutralizing chemicals by as much as 90%.
- Boiler symptoms resulting from untreated water include overheating, failure to produce hot water or steam, a drop in the boiler flow rate and an overall loss of efficiency.
- If the water is not treated properly, the boiler will begin to have problems within the first year, and its useful life will be significantly shortened.
Cleaver-Brooks Models CDAS and CDAF
How Do Dealkalizers Work?
Dealkalizers are part of complete water treatment program. Water is softened before it goes through a dealkalizer. A dealkalizer works much like a water softener, in that it utilizes ion exchange to remove unwanted ions from the water. Rather than removing calcium and magnesium ions as a softener does, dealkalization removes carbonate ions, exchanging them for chloride ions. Like water softeners, dealkalizers use salt during the regeneration process. Unlike water softeners, a dealkalizer resin must also be treated with an additional caustic solution. This caustic solution boosts pH levels and enhances the resins efficiency.
Why Work with Blake?
Blake Equipment is the only distributor AND manufacturers rep of water AND thermal energy equipment, supplies and services in the Northeast providing solutions to the full spectrum of applications. We understand boilers and the water they require to operate at peak efficiency over a long lifetime of service. We are experts at all facets of water conditioning. Blake brings these two critical areas of expertise together to bring customers solutions that work.